Welcome to Baby Zélie!

baby zelie

We recently welcomed the birth of our second daughter who is named after the mother of St. Thérèse of Lisieux.  In thanksgiving for a healthy delivery (and overall lack of sleep), here’s some powerful saintly quotes on parenthood:

“When a child is given to his parents, a crown is made for that child in Heaven, and woe to the parents who raise a child without consciousness of that eternal crown!”

-Ven. Fulton Sheen

The greatest contribution“The history of mankind, the history of salvation, passes by way of the family. The family is placed at the center of the great struggle between good and evil, between life and death, between love and all that is opposed to love.”

-St. John Paul II

“In children we have a great charge committed to us. Let us bestow great care upon them, and do everything that the Evil One may not rob us of them.”

-St. John Chrysostom

“Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do… but how much love we put in that action.”

-(soon to be) St. Teresa of Calcutta

“When I closed the eyes of my dear little children and when I buried them, I felt great pain, but it was always with resignation. I didn’t regret the sorrows and the problems I had endured for them. Several people said to me, ‘It would be better to never have had them.’ I can’t bear that kind of talk. I don’t think the sorrows and problems could be weighed against the eternal happiness of my children. So they weren’t lost forever. Life is short and full of misery. We’ll see them again in Heaven. Above all, it was on the death of my first child that I felt more deeply the happiness of having a child in Heaven, for God showed me in a noticeable way that He accepted my sacrifice. Through the intercession of my little angel, I received a very extraordinary grace”

-St. Zélie Martin, on her miscarriages (Letter 72)

john paul ii family

We’re excited as our family grows and we get back to speaking and traveling soon.  Thank you for your prayers!

One thought on “Welcome to Baby Zélie!

1. Ana
    March 2, 2016 at 5:41 am

Congratulations and God bless you all! Thanks for sharing your joy with us :)

2. Gordon Engquist
    March 2, 2016 at 6:33 am

Congratulations to you both.

3. Bobby Gorton
    March 2, 2016 at 7:58 am

Congradulations Jackie & Bobby on the birth of your second daughter.God bless your family and speaking ministry. Bobby Gorton bgorton395@gmail.com

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 8:10 AM, Jackie & Bobby wrote:

> Jackie & Bobby posted: ” We recently welcomed the birth of our second > daughter who is named after the mother of St. Thérèse of Lisieux. In > thanksgiving for a healthy delivery (and overall lack of sleep), here’s > some powerful saintly quotes on parenthood: “When a” >

4. March 2, 2016 at 9:53 am

Congratulations! How wonderful!!

– Jacqueline Burkepile

5. March 2, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Congratulations Jackie and Bobby on the birth of your bundle of joy. Such a lovely name as well. God bless always, Nik

6. angel
    March 7, 2016 at 1:15 pm

Hi dear ones!

praise be to God for both of your lives! andI the new entry too :)

i had an urgent question about a friend who went out with this guy and thinks she might be pregnant, took plan B and now waiting to do a pregnancy test this weekend. i did research up crisis phone numbers and helplines..

but i wanted to ask you both what should i advise my friend, she knows what she’s doing is wrong and doesn’t care. she’s a devout muslim but now doesn’t care about religion much.

7. Vipul desai